Monday, February 23, 2009

Georgia on My Mind!!

I just got back from the beautiful city of Savannah! It was so pretty. I actually went for a work conference on West Nile Virus, but my friends JoDee and Ilene went too and we had a good time! I'm so grateful that they were there, otherwise, I probably would have stayed at my hotel the whole time and not ventured out to see the city.

Our hotel was right on the Savannah River, a river in which dolphins call home. I was fortunate enough and extremely excited to see several dolphins and many different species of birds, including a bald eagle. I didn't however see any alligators, but was warned not to feed them!!

We ate at several delicious restaurants, including the Pirate's House, which is the oldest building in Georgia. The seafood was great and I am sure that none of it was on my Weight Watchers menu!! We roamed around River Street and JoDee and I went on a GhostHunter's tour of the Old Sorrel Weed House. We got to see lots of the historic homes and even a cemetery.

It was a great trip and we had so much fun...oh, and the West Nile conference was pretty good too! Thanks to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for allowing me the opportunity to see this wonderful southern city!! I'd go back in a heartbeat!













2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had so much fun!! And you got to see DOLPHINS!! Ah I am so jealous!! I am slightly obsessed with Dolphins! I am so glad you were able to get out and adventure through the town!! I bet your family was very happy to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!!! I'm happy that you were able to get out and enjoy yourself on your work trip. And, who cares if food is on your diet?

    ReplyDelete