Thursday, February 26, 2009

What Do You Think?????

So, while I was in beautiful Savannah last week, my friend JoDee and I went on a tour of the Old Sorrel Weed House, which is said, by some, to be the most haunted house in Savannah. This old house was investigated by TAPS on the SciFi show Ghosthunters on one of their Halloween specials. This is one of my favorite shows, so I was very excited.

We got to tour the neighborhoods and squares surrounding the house, along with a nearby cemetery. It was really cool. Then around midnight, we were inside the Old Sorrel Weed House listening to our guide recounting historical tales from long ago that happened at that very spot.

Of course, I was taking a lot of pictures, trying to capture some sort of proof that this place was haunted. In many of my pictures, there are "orbs". Now, I used to be a believer that all orbs in pictures were spirits; however, I have since become skeptical of these orbs and now believe that they are simply dust or dirt in the air that are reflecting the flash of my camera. However, I still cannot explain why, if they are dust, they aren't in every picture that I took.

As I was looking through my pictures, I was surprised to see a different kind of "orb". These orbs are not perfectly round, as the "dust" orbs are. They are oddly shaped and seem to be emitting their own light...they are glowing a bluish green color. I really cannot explain these types of orbs. TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) has said in the past that orbs that are NOT perfectly round and seem to emit their own light may, in fact, be balls of energy generated by spirits.

I am still not sure what to think...I am still skeptical, although I desperately want to believe that spirits are there and will show themselves when they want to be seen. I guess I will just have to wait until I have that one personal experience that makes me a true believer.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Picture #1: This picture was taken in a pitch dark basement. The blue light in the upper left corner of the picture seems strange to me and doesn't look like other "dust-like" orbs. At this spot, people have claimed to have been touched by something unseen.

Picture #2: This is the room above the old carriage house. It used to house the nanny, Molly. Molly was said to be hanged in this very room. My friend JoDee started feeling sick to her stomach the moment we got up to this room. Our guide also played an EVP that the TAPS members collected on their investigation. It was an EVP recording of a woman screaming "Get out, Get out...Help me, my God, my God." They say that this recording could be Molly screaming when her murderers were coming to hang her. Notice the whitish blue glowing orb to the upper left corner of the door at the back of the room. Is it Molly?

Picture #3: This is a picture of the courtyard of the house. It is said that some people have seen a shadowy figure of a woman in a black dress walking down this sidewalk. This woman is said to be the lady of the house, who had thrown herself from the top balcony after finding her husband in the arms of the nanny, Molly. Notice the rather large glowing orb to the left of the picture.

Picture #4: Again, this picture was taken from the courtyard, looking up to the upper balcony, from where the lady of the house threw herself. This was taken right after the picture above. Look up in the left corner of the picture. Again, a sort of glowing orb. Maybe this is the same orb from the picture above. Is it the lady of the house?

Picture #5: This picture was taken on our neighborhood tour just outside the cemetary gate. I have no idea what this blue streak of light could be. The cemetary was said to have 600 headstones, yet there are supposedly 13,000 bodies buried here. Just thought this was a bit unexplainable. Could this be one of the thousands trying to say Hello?

Picture #6: This picture was taken in a pitch dark basement. The orbs are what I believe to be pieces of dust or debris that are reflecting the light from my camera's flash. Notice how they differ from the orbs in my other pictures.


Well, what do you think? Let me know!! Are you a believer or a skeptic?

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I was seriously so freaked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey I beleive! We lived in the Ol' Ma Breen house in Collins, Georgia and it was definitely haunted. What a neat trip!

    ReplyDelete